Enzymatically Modified Isoquercitrin (EMIQ) is a highly bioavailable form of quercetin, a bioflavonoid that exerts significant anti-allergy effects and helps with immune function. EMIQ is manufactured through a natural enzymatic process that attaches glucose chains (glycosides) to the quercetin molecule. The result of this modification is that the quercetin is provided in a water-soluble form that greatly enhances its absorption and bioavailability. In the digestive process, the glycoside portion is cleaved, liberating the quercetin and, as a result, EMIQ greatly increases quercetin levels in the blood compared to the ingestion of quercetin or its related compound rutin. Blood levels of quercetin are more than 40 times greater with EMIQ compared to an equal amount of quercetin, and it reaches peak levels in the bloodstream in just 15 minutes.
EMIQ has been found to be safe in many toxicity studies and has been self-affirmed as Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) for use in specific foods in the United States and as an antioxidant. Natural Factors Bioactive Quercetin EMIQ contains no GMOs, artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners, fish, shellfish, or animal products, and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Helps with immune function
- Provides antioxidant support for allergy sufferers
- Delivers free radical protection for the maintenance of good health
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth, and gums
- Protects capillaries and blood vessel health
- Bioactive quercetin is a water-soluble nutrient with greater bioavailability